Friday, July 10, 2009

Begin!

Welcome.

My name is Rocketlex. That's a screen name, of course, but it works well enough for the purposes of this blog. I'm a graduate of USC, an aspiring screenwriter, and fruitlessly questing for work in the entertainment industry.

If you've found this blog then we can assume one of two things. One is that I posted a link to this blog somewhere else and you've chosen to follow it for whatever reason. In this case I apologize for distracting you from your typical internet surfing, particularly to read an introductory post with no legitimate content whatsoever. Go back to looking up photos of your high school crushes on Facebook or whatever it was you were doing. There'll be content here, later, but not right now.

The second option is that I have somehow become famous in the future, and you're here because you are one of my fans seeking a look back at how I was before I hit it big. I'd apologize for wasting your time as well, but knowing fandom as I do you're probably hanging off of every word no matter what I type, so for you this is meaningful content. All I'll say to you is that if you're thinking of writing fanfiction about something I've created, please don't send it to me. I'm sure you have incredible artistic talent, but my future self probably has a very busy schedule. Instead, put that creative energy to good use and write a spec script. It's almost exactly the same as fanfiction, and you could actually get paid for it if a studio rep enjoys your writing. You might even be given creative control over one of my creations, and have the satisfaction of earning your idol's ire forever more.

But that's enough introductions. What is this blog? In essense, it's a place for recording my various thoughts, views, and whatevers. We live in an era in which no element of a person's life is so trivial that it isn't worth broadcasting to the entire planet. I won't bore you with my daily choice of breakfast cereal, but you can expect a variety of random mental firings. You'll also get to see the struggles of an entertainment industry outsider trying to claw his way to superstardom. If you liked "Entourage," it's nothing like that for writers, so shut up. No, I'm not an actor. Plenty of actors have blogs, many of them with much more profound titles like "Upon Crystal Tears, a Mirror's Diary" or something. You'll find plenty of drama and excitement and attempts at prose in those. This is the blog if you just want my thoughts on stuff, with occasional industry updates.

Still here? Good. I had to test you. Anyway, sit back and enjoy the irregular update schedule. Programming will begin shortly.

(Also, some of you may recall I used to have another blog. It's gone now. Update your bookmarks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment